The one thing I can consistently do without much effort is to write. But it’s not what gets me the most views. My YouTube channel gets a lot of views and makes me money, but it takes an enormous amount of energy to make a video.
When you size up your strengths and weakness you must always take into account what you do consistently and how much energy that takes.
Pros of doing video
- Get lots of views.
- Able to consistently get subscribers.
- Get more comments on video.
- Able to make money
Cons of doing video
- Takes enormous energy.
- Feel drained and just want to be lazy after doing one video.
- Re-shooting and editing are time sucks.
- Videos don’t always get views.
- Traffic from YouTube doesn’t always come to my site.
Pros of blogging
- Able to write all day without feeling strained.
- It’s something I can consistently do.
- I’m always putting out content.
Cons of blogging
- Views are hard to come by.
- Need to optimize for SEO which is hit or miss.
- Traffic is up and down depending on the month.
Everyone’s different. I know people out there who are the complete opposite and can’t write but would rather just do a video. If that’s what you do consistently then I would focus on cranking out more and more videos.
Usually I can’t do a YouTube video in one take. I forget key pieces of information and I always have to go back and re-film it. That’s the downside of doing video. Constantly re-shooting, doing editing, and piecing all together takes a hit on my energy levels.
After doing a video tutorial I’ll feel drained.
But writing is something I can do all day, and not feel strained at all. I might take a break after I post something, but usually just keep going.