A mantra can have a powerful influence over your mind. Maybe you want to change a habit, eat healthy, or get stronger. So today I’m going to give some tips on strengthening you mantra on life.
I use mantra’s and affirmation every single day–all day. They work !
1) Pick a mantra that speaks to you. It can be anything. Examples: “Get healthy”, “Just do it”, “Keep going”, “I’m going to live life to its fullest.” “Stay positive”.
I’ve used the mantra, “Level up” for a while. Every time I would read a book or do something out of the ordinary I would attribute it to my mantra.
Every time I would push past my limits at the gym, I would attribute it to my mantra. This mantra was powerful, because I could find all sorts of ways to use it.
2) First thing in the morning, say your mantra. When you say your mantra first thing in the morning, it set your mood for the rest of the day.
I have my goals all written down and look at them first thing in the morning. It’s a powerful reminder and will keep you focused on your life vision.
3) Find a way to remind yourself of your mantra. In the book “The Power of Positive Thinking”, a traveling salesman kept his mantra on a card. He would refer to it often.
I use the Eureka Shower Board in my shower to remind myself daily of my goals and mantra.
An easy tip is to change your computer desktop background to something related to your mantra. Get creative and add text to that background.
4) Each day look for a small win. Be conscious when it happens. And remember it’s YOU and YOUR mantra at work. The more “small wins” you find the more you reinforce your mantra and the more power and momentum it creates.
Even a small win, such going to the gym, not eating out, is a win.
5) Realize that a mantra is only as powerful as you make it. If you don’t reinforce your mantra, look for small wins, don’t remind yourself of your mantra, then it loses momentum and power.